William Herron - Curriculum vitae
2002 – Present, Adaera LLC
Founder and Principal
- For three years managed the Paid Search, Paid Shopping and Paid Social campaigns for a large online coin dealer. In addition, designed a custom product data entry system saving hundreds of man hours and ensuring product titles and descriptions were optimized for SEO and product details were complete for website filtering and Paid Shopping segmentation.
- For eight years managed the Paid Search campaigns for Penn Foster Career School, College and High School, growing the program into becoming one of the largest AdWords Advertisers, according to Spy Fu, all while meeting or exceeding Cost per Lead and Cost per Enroll goals.
- Provided Search Engine Optimization services to educational organizations such as UMass Online, Delmar, Chilton's and ITT Technical Institute.
- Provided Web Analytics implementation and consulting services to organizations such as Equallogic, SM&A and Vein Clinics of America.
1999 – 2003, Peterson's
Director of Web Traffic Management, Director of Web Operations, QA and Customer Support Manager
- Implemented Search Engine Optimization procedures and utilized GoTo.com, the first Paid Search search engine, to increase qualified traffic to over one million unique visitors per month.
- Designed and implemented a product development / quality assurance / website promotion process that substantially decreased errors within the website and increased revenue.
- Wrote and implemented web standards that utilized usability, search engine optimization and persuasive design best practices.
1994 – 1999, Westlaw
Business Systems Manager, Office Automation Consultant, Technical Consultant
- Managed the development of Westlaw's QuickView+ service, a web based electronic billing and reporting service, which utilizes the same features today as when it was first built. The availability and features of QuickView+ directly contributed to the successful negotiation of $6.3 million in annual contracts within the first nine months of release.
- Designed, developed and maintained a relational database program for regional offices to track customer usage and revenue.
- Acted as the point person for employee training, technical problems and customer integration opportunities with financial packages Elite and CMS Open as well as Westlaw product implementations on local and wide area networks.
1991 - 1994, 82nd Airborne Division, US Army
Investigator, Criminal Investigation Division
Paratrooper, 3rd Battalion, 73rd Armor Regiment
1993, Webster University, Fayetteville, NC
MS Candidate, Management Information Systems
1985 – 1990, Penn State University, University Park, PA
Bachelor of Science, Economics
Minors: English, History, Business
CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Google AdWords
- Google Analytics
- Bing Ads
- American Marketing Association
- Digital Analytics Association
- eMarketing Association
- Search Engine Marketing Professional Association
- WebTrends Customer Advisory Board
- WebTrends Insight Network
- Search Engine Marketing Council of the Association of Interactive Marketing